3 Hong Kong and 3Home Broadband join forces with Razer –
the world’s leading lifestyle brand for gamers
Hong Kong – 15 May 2017 – 3 Hong Kong, the mobile communications division of Hutchison Telecommunications Hong Kong Holdings Limited (HTHKH; stock code: 215), and HTHKH’s 3 Home Broadband residential business, today announced a strategic alliance with Razer, the world’s leading lifestyle brand for gamers.
3 Hong Kong and 3 Home Broadband enter the gaming market and build an authoritative gaming platform
- HTHKH Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer Cliff Woo Chiu-man said: “Our role as an operator is forever changing, especially as we enter the Internet of Things era. As well as maintaining an advanced network, we need to build platforms for new products and services, while drawing on our strengths in fixed-line, mobile and Wi-Fi technologies to constantly enhance the customer experience.”
- He added: “We are entering the gaming market with Razer so we can meet the needs of young people by combining network service excellence with advanced gaming systems. A spin-off benefit is that the “3” brand will become more relevant to this up and coming generation of digital citizens, while highlighting the high-speed network element of the service we provide. A range of tariff plans are now being tailored to provide customers with a superior gaming experience.”
RazerStore opens in June
- The first manifestation of this collaborative move between 3 Hong Kong and Razer will be a RazerStore, which opens in Causeway Bay’s Cannon Street in June.
- Gamers will be able to play eSports in the store using Razer’s award-winning gaming devices such as laptops and peripherals and 3 Hong Kong’s ultra-fast and stable network.
- Customers will have the opportunity to subscribe to monthly tariff plans offered by 3 Hong Kong and 3Home Broadband, and purchase Razer’s latest gaming devices.
Tariff plans tailored to gamer needs
- 3 Hong Kong and 3Home Broadband will launch a number of mobile and residential broadband tariff plans bundled with Razer’s gaming devices. A major benefit to gamers is they will be able to maximise their performance on 3 Hong Kong’s fast and stable network – thanks to high capacity and low latency – whether on the move or at home. Tariff plan details will be announced soon.
- 3 Hong Kong and Razer will soon collaborate to distribute Razer zGOLD, a virtual currency, stored-value cards and other specific digital entertainment contents stored-value cards. Special offers and bundles will be made exclusively available to 3 Hong Kong customers.
- 3 Hong Kong customers will be able to buy Razer zGold via our Carrier Billing Service. This means app purchases will be charged directly to a 3 Hong Kong customer’s mobile bill, so transactions can be carried out with peace of mind.
- 3 Hong Kong customers will also be able to buy and download games to smart devices from app stores, buy game points on smart devices, with fees being charged directly to a mobile bill for at-a-glance viewing.
- Going forward, 3 Hong Kong and 3Home Broadband intend to collaborate with other gaming providers to provide tailored stored-value cards specifically for gamers in order to offer customers an ever-improving richness of mobile entertainment.
- Ends -
About 3 Hong Kong
3 Hong Kong is a leading mobile communications service provider and the only local operator to own blocks of spectrum across the 900MHz, 1800MHz, 2100MHz, 2300MHz and 2600MHz bands. 3 Hong Kong offers cutting-edge data, voice and roaming services under the “3” brand via far-reaching advanced 4G LTE, 3G and 2G networks. 3 Hong Kong also works with renowned partners to offer a wealth of innovative mobile devices and value-added services, while providing high-speed Wi-Fi at
3 Hong Kong WiFi hotspots to serve Hong Kong’s major areas. 3 Hong Kong is the mobile division of Hutchison Telecommunications Hong Kong Holdings Limited (stock code: 215), a group member of CK Hutchison Holdings (stock code: 1).
For more information on 3 Hong Kong, please visit www.three.com.hk.
For more information on HTHKH, visit www.hthkh.com.