Hong Kong, 27 April 2016 - Hutchison Global Communications Limited (HGC) and 3 Hong Kong, the fixed-line and mobile communications divisions of Hutchison Telecommunications Hong Kong Holdings Limited (HTHKH; stock code: 215), today announced that the 3Home Broadband residential broadband service and “3” mobile service have collaborated with Google to launch the latest version of Google Chromecast in Hong Kong. This new offering comes bundled with residential and mobile service plans, or is available as a standalone offer. Customers will enjoy a new home experience featuring over-the-top (OTT) TV and gaming entertainment.
Chromecast is a media-streaming device that plugs into a TV’s HDMI port. Connecting Chromecast with a TV opens access to 200,000 TV shows and movies and 30 million songs, along with radio, sports and games – all of which can be shown on a big screen. A smartphone can be used as a remote to control the TV. While in “guest mode”, users can even allow their friends to screen videos or join a game via their smartphones
Enriched home entertainment from $138
3Home Broadband today launches the Home Entertainment Super Pack for a monthly fee of just $138. This comprises 100M home broadband service, along with residential telephone service, unlimited “HGC On Air” out-of-home Wi-Fi, myTV SUPER box rental and diverse programming from more than 30 thematic channels. Also included is the Google Chromecast device, which supports thousands of apps including Netflix, KKBOX, Google Play Movies and many others. Alternatively, customers can opt for a 1G “Home Entertainment Super Pack” for a monthly fee of $188. Please see table below for details:
|3Home Broadband Home Entertainment Super Pack
||Monthly fee and contract period
|100M home broadband
- A Google Chromecast device for free
- Residential telephone service
- Unlimited “HGC On Air” out-of-home Wi-Fi
- “myTV SUPER” package (with Disney SVOD Pack)1 and additional “myTV SUPER” mobile app
- 3 Hong Kong $300 standalone handset coupon2
- “myTV SUPER Service Experience Guarantee Programme” 3
|$138 x 24 months
|1G fibre-optic broadband
||$188 x 24 months
New 3 Hong Kong 4G subscribers or select existing customers can get new Chromecast for free
Mobile customers or select existing customers subscribing to 3 Hong Kong’s 4G LTE handset plans, or 4G LTE SIM plans of 6GB or more will be entitled to the latest version of the Google Chromecast device for free (normally $349) while stocks last. Please see table below for details:
|3 Hong Kong Google Chromecast Offers
|New customers or select existing customers4
|Subscribing to handset or SIM plan with data entitlement of 6GB or more
|Subscribing to 4G LTE Family Plan
|Subscribing to handset plan with 2.5GB data entitlement
||1-month contract extension
|Subscribing to handset plan with 1GB data entitlement
||2-month contract extension
Taking OTT entertainment to new heights
HTHKH Chief Operating Officer Jennifer Tan said: “We are proud to build on the track record earned by 3Home Broadband and 3 Hong Kong for collaborating with OTT content providers to becoming the first telecoms operator in Hong Kong to collaborate with Google and launch Chromecast. Bundling the new device with our fixed-line and mobile service offerings amounts to an enriched home entertainment experience for both mobile and fixed-line customers. Only an integrated telecoms provider such as HTHKH, which operates both fixed-line and mobile businesses, has that capability.”
"The new Chromecast brings your favorite entertainment from your mobile devices to the big screen with ease. With improved connectivity, a new design and an updated app, friends and family can share the fun of streaming movies, music, games and shows. The future of entertainment is streaming and Chromecast brings it all to you in a simple, affordable device." said Mickey Kim, Google Head of APAC Chromecast Partnerships.
Phillip Shih, Vice President of KKBOX, said:” 3 Hong Kong and 3 Home Broadband launched the promotion of Chromecast. KKBOX is one of the content providers. With Chromecast, users’ smartphones and tablets become TV remotes; with which users can freely select KKBox music on TV, and take advantage of KKBOX’s rolling lyrics mode to turn their living rooms into party places.
He added: “We are glad to announce that KKBOX hits 25 million tracks including pop, indie and classical music etc. Our members could enjoy different and rich content in KKBOX with all devices.”
Chromecast comes complete with a wealth of fresh home entertainment content
Also available at 3Shop is the new Chromecast, which comes complete with sleek design, a wealth of fresh content and up-to-date app that finds the best entertainment and streams faster with the utmost ease.
Chromecast comes in eye-catching colours and turns any TV into a smart TV for a fraction of the cost of buying one. The latest design makes Chromecast easier to fit TVs with crowded ports and supports modern Wi-Fi standards. In fact, the latest version adapts to changing Wi-Fi conditions in a domestic setting, ensuring higher-quality video with less buffering. The apps make TV shows and music available from YouTube, KKBOX, Spotify, Netflix, Viki and Google Play Movies. Chromecast also offers a range of popular solo and multiplayer games including “Angry Birds Go” and “Just Dance Now”.
Please call 1032 for more information on Google Chromecast bundled with home broadband and mobile service offerings. Alternatively, you can visit www.threebb.com.hk or www.three.com.hk, as well as 3Home Broadband’s Facebook fanpage at www.facebook.com/threebbhk or 3 Hong Kong’s Facebook fanpage at www.facebook.com/threehk.
For more information on Google Chromecast, please visit www.google.com/chromecast.
- Ends -
About Hutchison Global Communications Limited
Hutchison Global Communications Limited (HGC) is a leading fixed-line operator, IT service provider, carrier’s carrier and one of Hong Kong’s largest-scale Wi-Fi service providers. HGC empowers local and overseas customers with one-stop international, corporate, data centre and residential broadband services. HGC owns and runs an extensive optical-fibre network, coupled with four cross-border routes integrated with three of mainland China’s tier-one telecoms operators, plus a world-class international network. The company is committed to developing cloud computing services and offering high-speed Wi-Fi service under the “HGC On Air” brand. HGC is a subsidiary of Hutchison Telecommunications Hong Kong Holdings Limited (stock code: 215), a group member of CK Hutchison Holdings (stock code: 1).
For more information on HGC, please visit www.hgc.com.hk..
For more information on HTHKH, visit www.hthkh.com.
About 3 Hong Kong
3 Hong Kong is a leading mobile communications service provider and the only local operator to own blocks of spectrum across the 900MHz, 1800MHz, 2100MHz, 2300MHz and 2600MHz bands. 3 Hong Kong offers cutting-edge data, voice and roaming services under the “3” brand via far-reaching advanced 4G LTE, 3G and 2G networks. 3 Hong Kong also works with renowned partners to offer a wealth of innovative mobile devices and value-added services, while providing high-speed Wi-Fi at “3HKWiFiService” hotspots to serve Hong Kong’s major areas. 3 Hong Kong is the mobile division of Hutchison Telecommunications Hong Kong Holdings Limited (stock code: 215), a group member of CK Hutchison Holdings (stock code: 1).
For more information on 3 Hong Kong, please visit www.three.com.hk.
For more information on HTHKH, visit www.hthkh.com.
- The “myTV SUPER” box must be returned when contract expires.
- Get HK$300 off the standalone purchase price of designated handsets valued at HK$2,000 or more by presenting this “3HK $300 Standalone Handset Gift Coupon” at a 3Shop (not applicable to Apple products). Coupons valid until 31 December 2016. Coupons are available while stocks last.
- The “myTV SUPER Service Experience Guarantee Programme” guarantees that the subscriber shall enjoy smooth streaming of specific “myTV SUPER” video content stored in HGC’s data centre via a designated “myTV SUPER” box when connected to HGC’s Home Broadband Service. This means no buffering or freezing time for 10 seconds or more per hour, and no more than 10 buffering occurrences per hour. If the broadband service provided by HGC fails to achieve standards set by the “myTV SUPER Service Experience Guarantee Programme”, HGC shall compensate the subscriber with an amount equal to twice the service fee charged for the number of “affected days” calculated on a pro-rata basis. HGC provides the “myTV SUPER Service Experience Guarantee Programme” subject to terms and conditions, which may be revised periodically without prior notice. HGC reserves the right of final determination, and all rights to revise the testing standards and compensation principle, and to cancel the “myTV SUPER Service Experience Guarantee Programme” at any time. For details, please visit www.threebb.com.hk.
- Customers are required to subscribe to designated mobile devices, monthly plans and specific value-added service packages (if applicable). Also required are a designated contract commitment and prepayment, as well as payment of the first month’s fee and an admin fee of $18 per month.