Terms and Conditions for Flexi Pass:
- The monthly fee of “Flexi Pass” is HK$28, applicable to new and selected existing customers with handset upgrade to iPhone 7 or 7 Plus and subscription of iPhone Plan. Upon entering into an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus monthly service contract (the “iPhone Contract”), customer who has also subscribed to “Flexi Pass” service can exercise “Handset-to-Handset” or “Handset-to-SIM” option during the designated change period.
- Number of Payment: Upon subscription of “Flexi Pass”, $28 service fee shall automatically be charged to customer’s bill on a monthly basis. For new and selected existing customers with handset upgrade, the monthly fee shall be charged for a period of 24 months.
- Payment Arrangement: Customer is required to settle the monthly fee of “Flexi Pass” by autopay. Except for the situation where customer cancels “Flexi Pass” during the subscription period or is disqualified from subscribing to “Flexi Pass” due to non-compliance with applicable terms and conditions, HTCL shall in all other circumstances (including during the period when customer’s account has been suspended for any reason) automatically debit “Flexi Pass” monthly fee from customer’s account on a monthly basis. If customer cancels “Flexi Pass” before exercising “Flexi Pass” option, customer will not be eligible for re-subscribing to “Flexi Pass” during the iPhone Contract period. Monthly fees previously paid by customer are non-refundable and non-prorated, No date back is allowed.
- Handset-to-Handset Change Period: After payment of “Flexi Pass” at $28 monthly fee for at least six times, new and selected existing customers can exercise the “Handset-to-Handset” option during the period from the 181th day to 450th day of iPhone Contract activation (the “Handset-to-Handset Change Period”) at selected 3Shop. Customers are required to return the iPhone 7 or 7 Plus purchased under the iPhone Contract (the “Original iPhone”) on any day during the Handset-to-Handset Change Period for handset upgrade, with purchase of a selected new handset and subscription of a monthly service plan and value-added service (if applicable) not lower than the prices stipulated under the iPhone Contract (the “New Handset Contract”) on the same day. The New Handset Contract cannot be used in conjunction with other offers.
- Handset-to-SIM Change Period: Alternatively, new and selected existing customers can exercise “Handset-to-SIM” option by returning the Original iPhone and subscribing on the same day to a new SIM monthly plan with data entitlement and network speed the same or higher than those stipulated under the iPhone Contract for 24 months (the “New SIM Plan Contract”), during the period from the 451th day to 730th day of “Flexi Pass” activation (“Handset-to-SIM Change Period”) at selected 3Shop. Handset-to-Handset Change Period and Handset-to-SIM Change Period are collectively referred to as the “Change Period”.
- New Contract: The New Handset Contract and the New SIM Plan Contract are collectively referred to as the “New Contract”.
- Account Status: During the Change Period, customer’s account must be active for at least 180 days upon subscription of service plan under the iPhone Contract. The period during which customer’s account has been suspended for any reason will not be counted toward the said 180 days. Customer is required to settle all outstanding balance before exercising “Flexi Pass” option. For non-compliance with applicable terms and conditions due to a change of account status, the “Flexi Pass” under customer’s account will be cancelled.
- Return of Original iPhone: Customer is required to return the Original iPhone in order to exercise “Flexi Pass” option. The Original iPhone must be the original handset with the IMEI being the same as the one listed on the iPhone Contract, in good conditions and can function properly (please refer to Handset Return Policy). All returned handsets cannot be reclaimed. For phone replacement by Apple Inc. due to hardware problem, customer can bring the “Work Authorization & Service Confirmation” issued by Apple Inc. to 3Shop to update the IMEI record. IMEI of replaced phone through Handset Replacement Service is acceptable, subject to the final decision of HTCL.
- Keeping Original iPhone: If customer opts for purchasing a new handset and subscribing to a service plan during the Change Period but chooses to retain the Original iPhone, the “Flexi Pass” previously applied for together with the iPhone Contract will be cancelled.
- Outstanding months under previous contract(s) before purchase of iPhone 7 or 7 Plus (the “Previous Contract”),: If there are outstanding months under the Previous Contract, customer is still required to fulfill such outstanding contract period. During the outstanding months under the Previous Contract and the New Contract period (collectively the “New Aggregate Contract Period”), customer is required to subscribe to a monthly service plan and a value-added service (if applicable) not lower than the prices as stipulated under the New Contract and cannot downgrade to a monthly service plan and a value-added service at prices lower than those stipulated in the New Contract. That is:
Outstanding months under Previous Contract + New Contract period = New Aggregate Contract Period
Plan fee and entitlements under New Aggregate Contract Period = Same as those stipulated under the New Contract
- Outstanding months under iPhone Contract: iPhone Contract will be cancelled immediately upon exercise of “Flexi Pass” option during Change Period. Except for handset prepayment, the monthly fee rebate, administrative fee rebate, bonus voice minute and data usage, and value-added service commitment will be cancelled on the day before the next bill cycle date. The new service plan shall be effective on the next bill cycle date and the bonus/free entitlements (if any) offered under the New Contract will take effect immediately.
- Handset Prepayment under New Contract and iPhone Contract: When customer exercises “Flexi Pass” option and signs New Contract, customer is required to pay for the prepayment difference if the remaining handset prepayment rebate under the iPhone Contract is less than the handset prepayment amount under the New Contract. If the remaining handset prepayment rebate under the iPhone Contract is more than the handset prepayment under the New Contract, the handset prepayment rebate schedule will follow the schedule set out under the iPhone Contract and remain unchanged.
- Handset Prepayment Rebate and Other Rebates under Previous Contract and New Contract: The new handset prepayment rebate and other rebates will be credited to customer’s account after all the rebates (if any) under the Previous Contract have been given to customer.
- New handset upgrade offers, monthly fee and service entitlements are subject to the prevailing plans and entitlements
available and offered by HTCL at the time customer exercises the “Flexi Pass” option. Prior to purchase “Flexi Pass”, customer should consider the future market conditions (such as, same service plan price may have different entitlements in future) and other unforeseeable factors.
- Each existing account is allowed to subscribe to one “Flexi Pass” upon handset purchase. “Flexi Pass” is not applicable to customer with premium contract extension offer, customer registered under a company name, and corporate customers.
- HTCL reserves the right to vary the relevant service charges, offers and terms and conditions without prior notice. HTCL shall have the final decision in case of any dispute.
Handset Return Policy